Document Shredding & Recycling
To allow residents and businesses to recycle paper documents while keeping their private information secure, ReWorks holds document shredding and recycling events at locations throughout Summit County, generally on the first Saturday each month from May through October.
Summit County residents or Summit County business can attend any of the events.
Stay Up to Date
Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive updates about ReWorks' Document Shredding and Recycling Event schedule, as well as other Summit County recycling news.
The additional instructions are in place in response to COVID-19.
Vehicle Unloading Process
- File boxes and cardboard boxes will not be returned. Your boxes will be collected and recycled.
- Place documents in cardboard boxes, files boxes or paper bags only
- No plastic containers
- Place all documents in vehicle trunks or truck beds only
- Do not place personal belongings by your documents
- Do not hand documents to the event staff
- Reminder: you must remain in your vehicle at all times
- ReWorks will not hand residents educational materials or supplies
- ReWorks will maintain 6 feet distance while surveying residents through their opened driver's window
- All questions at the event will be directed to contact the ReWorks' office or to visit the ReWorks' website
- Summit County residents and businesses only
- Limit to 10 file boxes, cardboard boxes or paper bags per vehicle
- No paper clips, report covers, rubber bands or binders
- Staples are okay
- No Household Hazardous Waste accepted at any document shredding and recycling event
2020 Document Shredding & Recycling Events
All events are from 9 am through noon.
- Date: Saturday, August 1st, 2020
Service Department Building
5383 Massillon Road
North Canton, OH 44720
- Date: Saturday, September 12th, 2020
BCF Sports Complex
841 Wooster Road W
Barberton, OH 44203
- Date: Saturday, October 3rd, 2020
Betty Jane Community Learning Center
444 Darrow Road
Akron, OH 44305