2021: ReVerse Waste
“ReVerse Waste” is ReWorks' 2021 cREate Works project. Five poets will be selected from those that apply and only the five selected poets will be asked to create new work based on the concept of waste reduction.
From ReWorks' perspective, "waste reduction means practices which reduce, avoid, or eliminate the generation of solid waste at the source and not merely the shifting of a waste stream from one medium to another medium." *
This application is closed and ReWorks will share the poems soon.
Guidelines for ReVerse Waste Submission process:
- The 2021 ReVerse Waste submission process is open to Summit County residents or students of a Summit County college or university.
- There is no entry fee.
- Please submit three examples of your EXISTING work. Only selected poets will be asked to write a poem based on the theme of waste reduction.
- A panel of jurors will review the submitted works to determine the selected poets.
- Submissions for the application process, are to be of your own work.
- Submissions should not contain language or imagery that contains or constitutes discriminatory language against, harassment of, or that constitutes hate speech toward any group.
- ReWorks does not claim any ownership of your work submitted for consideration of this project.
- Selected poets will receive a waste reduction topic to use as the topic for their project. These will be assigned randomly from a list that is pre-determined by ReWorks.
- Selected poets will be asked to write two poems on their waste reduction topic. One poem is to be a standard format that all poets will use and the format for the second poem is to be written at the selected poet's discretion, but limited to less than 250 words.
- Each selected poet will be provided a stipend of $150.
* Source: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/aco/arc/2140c.pdf