Compact Fluorescent Bulbs* - Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs*

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs*HHW

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs* will be accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Center (HHWRC) if you are a Summit County resident and this material is coming directly from your household.

The HHWRC is located at 1201 Graham Road in Stow at the Rt. 8 Overpass. For hours, directions, and list of acceptable items please visit the HHWRC page here.

CFLs contain a small amount of mercury, meaning they should be handled with care and disposed of properly. You may bring CFLs to the HHWRC, but it must be put in a sealed plastic bag; place in a rigid container for safe transport.

This product requires special handling. Read the following guides for more detailed information.

Residential Information:  Ohio EPA Fact Sheet

Business Information:  Ohio EPA Guidelines

Related Items

* May require additional preparation or fees. Other options may be available.

Akron Recycling Program
change city

The City of Akron offers residential curbside single stream recycling, and yard waste collection during the fall.

Phone: Dial 3-1-1 or call 330-375-2311

Looking for a recycling center near you? Check out our Recycling Center Drop-Off map.