What to do with latex paint
What to do with latex paint Details
Dried out Latex Paint (water-based) is an acceptable item for curbside trash. Check out the video link below the instructions for how to prepare latex paint for disposal.
To solidify, follow these simple instructions:
- Mix absorbent material (i.e. cat litter, sawdust, shredded newspaper) into paint and allow mixture to dry thoroughly. Use a 50/50 mixture to ensure the quickest dry time; or
- Let the paint dry out. Simply remove the lid and sit the paint can in a well-ventilated area (this works best for small quantities of paint); or
- Pour thin layers (about 1" of paint) into a disposable pie plate or cardboard box lined with plastic and allow the paint to dry one layer at a time. Repeat the process until all the paint is dry.
- Once paint is dry, leave the lid off the can and place in your regular trash.
- Please note, our HHWRC's open hours are correct on this page - not in the video.